Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Another month gone...

Wow, time really does fly by. I apologize to all my (remaining) readers for not updating. They do say that this is when most exchange students stop or update the least, and I am sorry for not being able to tell you every little detail. So once again, I'll give you the highlights.

Hm, where to start...

School is going well. I just started again after a VERY long break (three weeks, plus the class trip week.) I went with my class to Thun and went on a ship ride around the Thunersee. We also played games designed to create teamwork and all that good stuff. We also went to Gürtenberg, which is the Hausberg von Bern. Bryanne couldn't come due to a doctor's appointment, so it was just me and the girls. Now, if only they would remember to speak High German...
I had a physics test today and am pretty sure I failed. The questions I could understand, I didn't know how to solve. The rest had words not found in my dictionary. It seemed like we were allowed to use our books for known variables, or something, but I have yet to get one, so that was no help. Otherwise, all is well here.

During my break, I had a wonderful week in Italy that did not involve going around visiting people like a mad person, a day in Zürich and another in Lötschental (I hope to go back for Carnival because they have apparently so unusual traditions their) and another in Geneva. There was also a Rotex weekend that I baked brownies for. Did you know they don't have bottle vanilla in the supermarket here? It's either a powder or a paste. They seemed to be well like though. There we played games, went to a cookie bakery (Kambly) which had some very yummy crackers, and went bowling. I lost but it was fun!

Most excitingly for me, other than knowing German well enough that I want to spell bakery backery (German is bäckerei), is my TAI CHI CLASS!!!!! >
Also speaking of Halloween, Bryanne is looking into putting a party together. It's laser tag! I you go wearing a costume, there is a five franc discount. Just give me an excuse to dress up any time! However, it is also October 30 and I don't think I'll be able to make both. :(

Alright, I'm sure I had other things to say, but I can't think of them right now. The picture uploading thing is disabled right now so I have to put them up later. If you have Facebook, you might see them sooner!

Thanks for sticking with me, and I hope all is well wherever you are!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well, about time! i thought you went off on a trip around the world. I'm glad the German is coming along, but make sure you keep up your English. Best to proofread before you post :-) Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you at Tiffany's party, hope you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete